Thursday 18 July 2013

The more Starmore the merrier

My second Alba will be a cardigan - mainly because it allows me to change colours in the middle of the front steek and simply cut out the centre of the steek with all the threads. (I did a similar thing a couple of years ago.)

I happened to order a Donegal kit fromVirtual Yarns some time ago. Not because I'm worth it, but simply because I want it. This pattern is slightly trickier to knit: unlike Alba, there are often long floats to catch with both strands. Well worth it, though, as it is like knitting jewellery.
Donegal

Don't you think the wool matches my William Morris tray?

8 comments:

Mrs. Potter said...

You are so talented! I wish I could knit like that.

Jules said...

I've always loved both these designs. Is that your own border on the Donegal, or is that how she's doing it now?
Beautiful sweaters, and I'm sure you'll have them flying off your needles!

Anonymous said...

Indeed like knitting jewelry! Starmore's Hebridean yarns all glow like jewels, imo.
-- stashdragon

Anonymous said...

You *are* worth it! (that made me laugh - thanks!)

Karin said...

Your knitting is so beautiful! Smart to make it a cardigan.

Unknown said...

Love it !

knitbrei said...

Of corset you know that it's easy to weave in floats with the one yarn in each hand style ..... Maybe my only advantag

FadenStille said...

Love the Donegal and yes ... you are worth ist, also because you want it....
Such great projects..
Liebe Grüsse Anett