Sunday 24 June 2012

My favourite spot

My favourite spot by Asplund
My favourite spot, a photo by Asplund on Flickr.
Right now I'm into needlepoint rather than knitting; this is a design from Ehrman by Elian McCready. Lilies are probably the flowers I like best, and all the vibrant colours made it quite irresistible! It's quite relaxing simply filling in the colours somebody else has decided. It's funny, though, how stitching is so enjoyable when sewing a single button in place is so mind-blowingly tedious.

I bought the kit about half a year ago, but it has been too dark to stitch most of the months since then - I need daylight not to mix up all the shades.

This is my favourite place to knit and stitch. Perfect daylight from behind, a comfortable chair (a shawl-chair swap with my aunt) not to mention often listening to my SO playing the harpsichord (yes!) in the living room.

Feel free to envy me - I practically do myself! ;-)

Just nu är det roligare med stramaljbroderi än stickning - och med semester och dagsljus går det betydligt bättre att se skillnad på alla nyanserna än under de mörka vintermånaderna. I den här stolen sitter jag perfekt: otroligt bekvämt och med dagsljus i ryggen. (Jag bytte den till mig för ett par år sedan: en stol mot en sjal.) Dessutom får jag ofta njuta av cembalomusik när min sambo sitter och spelar i rummet intill! Ja, jag har det oförskämt bra.

12 comments:

torirot said...

I do envy you your spot, the chair and the window - but not the needlepoint. I'd much rather sew a lot of buttons (or knit, of course). (And I had to look up both SO and harpsicord.)

Yarndude said...

Envy is the perfect word for it.

Anonymous said...

That looks absolutely ideal. I can already hear the harpsichord! I can see why you envy yourself. :-) Enjoy every moment, especially of the summer light and your needlepoint.

Knitting-twitter said...

hi, I am happy for you that you have such a great place to enjoy life ...
all the best, Christa

Marias garnhändelser said...

:-)Kram

Anonymous said...

yyyy-o (= yes and no):

Turning the table here:
I'm sitting in Australia; means 'most chairs' are splendid!!! ;-) :-D
Only 'disaster': sometimes overly hot weather can spoil arty crafty handy work attempts a fair bit.

See: nothing's perfect; let's admire the harpsichord - seems to be closer to perfect.
Watched once a 'praying mantis' (Insect) going berserk to the tunes of the like; seems to perhaps string some 'personal rituals' in the animal. Fun it was for sure; either of them separate or together!

LG,
Gerlinde

PS: happen to have sort of small greenish-cream coloured Mini-Lily in my garden with very small longish and rather artistically bent flower petals; despite difficult to do 'dimensional' portrait with something the like - you'd be delighted about the beauty of this 'non-colour of colour' !

ylva said...

Just simply lovely to have a spot like that.

Carol said...

Your corner is almost identical to one in a room at Hotell Hörnan where I sat and knitted on a particularly cold and gloomy day. I felt so "at home" and cozy there despite being far from home. No harpsichord music alas but I think I know just how you feel in your special chair and space. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I love your nest!!
Ron

Carolina said...

How cozy! Sometimes small spaces are so much better than big ones.

Annegret said...

What a relaxing place for needlework! With the window you have a connection to the outside and of course with the sun. You can listen to your favourite music. Could there be a better place ever? No.

Annegret

Monstermønster said...

Fantastic spot! Love it! As a teenager I was much into needle work, but the knitting takes up all the creativity atm. Love to see both handcrafts, though.