Friday 13 May 2011

Sleeve cuffs


Twined sleeve cuff
Originally uploaded by Asplund
The sleeve cuffs are finished and after a couple of false starts I've more or less decided how to change the cuff pattern into a similar but different sleeve pattern.

Funny how things change. As mentioned in a previous post this is a project I let hibernate for a year and a half, but now I can't remember last time a project engaged me this much! I knew my feelings about it would change eventually; it was just a matter of waiting for it to happen. And knitting other things meanwhile :)

Thanks for kind words about the new look of my blog! The background is my first twined sweater, knitted in 2008. The photos of me knitting in my aunt's garden when Bessy the Westie wanted to play with her instead were taken in 2006. Time flies! Actually, I remember both what sweater I was knitting (which is why I know what year it was) and the audio book I was listening to: unintentionally hilarious Tarzan of the Apes, an awful book and an awful reading of it. The combination was simply irresistible!

3 comments:

fluffbuff said...

I love that cuff, and I love the red poppies. We don't get those here in California if you remember; it's orange poppies all over the place and they are gorgeous but the red ones remind me of Italy and I miss them.

Asplund said...

Grazie! I do remember the orange poppies in California - memories! - but these are actually red tulips! Love tulips too. And daffodils, not to mention lilacs which are just starting to blossom...

marifetane said...

Hej kära vänner lista har jag lagt till en underbar design för att möta en trevlig blogg .. kärlek hälsningar

http://www.marifetane.com/