Friday 11 March 2011

Crown Prince shawl no 2


Crown Prince shawl no 2
Originally uploaded by Asplund
Since I finished my first Estonian shawl I have been thinking about different ways to use the patterns in a different shawl shape. Well, I started thinking about it while knitting the first one. I'm usually most excited about my next project, which I surely have in common with many if not most knitters.

I'm very happy with how the first shawl turned out, but the almost square shape doesn't seem very practical to me: to wear it comfortably you'd have to fold it to make a triangle and then the pattern will disappear.

This time my plan is to combine the star pattern from Nancy Bush's book (which I love, both to knit and to look at) with small groups of nupps in a V-shaped shawl, a shape I tested knitting last year.

My "Jaws" sweater is resting for a while. I've knitted the sleeves but haven't decided how to knit the cuffs. I will probably repeat the coloured triangles from the body but am not quite sure exactly how.

7 comments:

Knitting-twitter said...

hi, your shawl looks already fantstic,
very inspiring.

ciao ciao from Switzerland, Christa

Ann said...

Its beautiful.
I am excited to see more.
Which edge stitch have you been using to the edge? It seems firm and nice looking.

Carolina said...

Wow, I guess knitting nupps doesn't bother you. It looks like it will be a beautiful shawl.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a lovely pattern. Can you tell us about the yarn you are using. I love the shape that you developed for the green shawl. Did you give it away? Any comments from the person who wears it.
Ron (now in cold Canada)

Madam Munch said...

Det bliver et rent kunstværk..... det er så flot!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more about square shawls being impractical if you have to fold them in half and hide the design. I like the look of your v-shaped shawl. I would like to make a Hap shawl, which is a little bit like that, I think?

ylva said...

looking awesome as usual! The triangel shape is more useful and as you say the pattern shows more