Sunday 7 March 2010

Adding some colour


WIP: Zaire by Isager
Originally uploaded by Asplund
A ball of yellow wool was practically calling me from a corner of my stash, and I couldn't resist adding it to the other colours. There will be two more mitred stripes; my plan is to make the next one yellow too to achieve a kind of frame for the next set of squares.

In addition to this modification of the stripes, I've decided to knit them garter-stitch to make them blend with the squares. The original design has stripes that consist of a combination of stocking stitch and garter stitch; I tried this first but thought enough was going on already, especially with my additions of stripes and colours, and changed it to have the same texture all over.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every colour you add changes the whole landscape. I really like it.
Ron

Anonymous said...

The yellow looks great!

Asplund said...

Thank you, both! Love your use of the word "landscape" about knitting, Ron - never thought of doing that before, but I think it's great!